29 Jul Party-In-Your-Mouth Rice Krispie Treats
That is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen you make!
mom roommate as I was stirring my rainbow concoction to ensure there was going to be the perfect ratio of fruity pebbles to nerds in every bite.
Touche, Mama Bear. That may be so, but when you party as hard as I do, sometimes things get crazy.
And by party hard I mean binge on sugar. (The crazy part holds true.)
Last Friday was my co-worker Claire’s last day at the office (sad day). Last days always call for farewell treats. Mostly because I don’t deal well with change so in a last ditch effort to keep people around, I attempt to seduce them with baked goods. (Claire, did it work?…come baaaack!)
Enter break up song….
Sour Patch Kids just happen to fall on Claire’s list of favorite sweets. I have a love hate relationship with Sour Patch Kids. At first you’re all like these are so good! and then before you know it the little gremlins have burned a hole through your tongue.
The perfect compliment to sour gummies? Nerds and fruity pebbles, of course. By increasing the amount of gooey, sugary ingredients, I have diluted the acidity of the Sour Patch Kids, thus preventing them from wreaking havoc on your tongue. You’re welcome.
These are the treats your (and my) mother and your dentist fear. Remember last week when I told you my Kit Kat Caramel Brownies could put you into a dreamy sugar coma? Well, I’ve topped myself. I’m not sure what has sparked the over-the-top candy-laden recipes, but apparently my sweet tooth is in overdrive.
These krispie treats are such a ridiculous combination of fruity madness that I had no idea what to call them. Tutty Fruity? Rainbow Unicorn Magic? The most disgusting thing I’ve ever made?
I settled on Party-In-Your-Mouth Rice Krispie Treats. Call them what you will…I promise you, they’re delicious.
- 1/4 cup (1 stick) of butter or margarine
- 1 16oz bag marshmallows
- 4 cups rice krispies cereal
- 2 cups fruity pebbles cereal
- 1 5 oz. box of Nerds candy
- Sour Patch Kids candy (about 6 oz.)
- Grease a 13x9 inch pan and sprinkle 1/2 of the sour patch kids over the bottom.
- In a large bowl, combine Rice Krispies, Fruity Pebbles and Nerds. Mix to combine.
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter and marshmallows. Once melted, mix in the krispie mixture until coated.
- Press into a greased pan and sprinkle remaining Sour Patch Kids over the top. Gently press them into the treats so they will stick.
- Let cool before cutting.