07 Nov Snickerdoodle Cupcakes + ChiTown
I am coming off of a fabulous weekend in Chicago full of the best friends a girl could ask for, amazing food and more alcohol than I care to admit. True to form, we took the town by storm. Chicago may never be the same.
We ate well. Untitled
We saw a celebrity.
We went out on the town.
We took a boat ride.
And then we recovered with a Bloody Mary…or two. Uncommon Ground
One of us even had a run in with the cops. I’d say it was a successful weekend. Thank you to our hostesses – can’t wait until next year’s shenanigans!
Now for the sweet stuff. These Snickerdoodle cupcakes use cake mix as a base so they’re super quick and easy. I promise they won’t disappoint!
1 box yellow or white cake mix
1 cup whole milk
1 stick butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a large bowl combine all ingredients and mix on high for 2 minutes, scraping the bowl as needed.
3. Scoop into cupcake lined cupcake pan.
Cream Cheese Icing
1 8oz block cream cheese, softened
1/4c of butter (1/2 stick), softened
2-3 c powdered sugar
Cinnamon + Sugar mixture to sprinkle on top
1. Beat together cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
2. Add 1 tsp cinnamon and mix until incorporated.
3. Add powdered sugar in 1/2 cup increments until desired consistency and sweetness are reached.
4. Frost cupcakes as desired and sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top. Voila!